GNU IMAGE MANIPULATION PROGRAM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

HOW TO INSTALL GIMP ON UBUNTU (Software Center) Empty HOW TO INSTALL GIMP ON UBUNTU (Software Center)

Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:55 pm
How To Install GIMP On Ubuntu (Software Center)

Install Gimp With The Ubuntu Software Center:

Click on the Ubuntu Icon, located in the upper left hand corner.
HOW TO INSTALL GIMP ON UBUNTU (Software Center) 110

Click on Search
HOW TO INSTALL GIMP ON UBUNTU (Software Center) 211

Search for Gimp
HOW TO INSTALL GIMP ON UBUNTU (Software Center) 311

Click On GIMP Image Editor

This will bring you into the software center on the install page for GIMP.

Click on Install

HOW TO INSTALL GIMP ON UBUNTU (Software Center) 410

Enter your password

HOW TO INSTALL GIMP ON UBUNTU (Software Center) 510

Wait for the the application to finish installing. Click on the Ubuntu icon again and search for GIMP
HOW TO INSTALL GIMP ON UBUNTU (Software Center) 610

You should now see the application and be able to launch it. Smile
HOW TO INSTALL GIMP ON UBUNTU (Software Center) 710

Last edited by Admin on Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Katty
Katty

HOW TO INSTALL GIMP ON UBUNTU (Software Center) Empty Re: HOW TO INSTALL GIMP ON UBUNTU (Software Center)

Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:51 pm
Admin, when I was trying to install GIMP, there were 2 GIMPs. Which of the 2 GIMPs do you recommend?
HOW TO INSTALL GIMP ON UBUNTU (Software Center) Screen10
Katty
Katty

HOW TO INSTALL GIMP ON UBUNTU (Software Center) Empty Re: HOW TO INSTALL GIMP ON UBUNTU (Software Center)

Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:52 pm
Katty wrote:Admin, when I was trying to install GIMP, there were 2 GIMPs. Which of the 2 GIMPs do you recommend?

What's the difference between these 2 GIMPs?
copperranium
Guru
Guru

Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:39 pm
Which is much faster in installing. using the terminal or the Software Center?
thegreatunknown
Guru
Guru

Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:51 pm
copperranium wrote:Which is much faster in installing. using the terminal or the Software Center?
I think the terminal.
thegreatunknown
Guru
Guru

Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:53 pm
Katty wrote:
Katty wrote:Admin, when I was trying to install GIMP, there were 2 GIMPs. Which of the 2 GIMPs do you recommend?

It has environment differences. But yeah please enlighten us why there has two GIMPs?
Vince-sngkt
Guru
Guru

Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:43 pm
Katty wrote:

there's no difference between the 2 GIMPs. But I recommend the first GIMP that shown.
thegreatunknown
Guru
Guru

Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:47 pm
Vince-sngkt wrote:
Katty wrote:

there's no difference between the 2 GIMPs. But I recommend the first GIMP that shown.
There's a difference btw
Vince-sngkt
Guru
Guru

Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:58 pm
thegreatunknown wrote:
Vince-sngkt wrote:
Katty wrote:

There's a difference btw

can you state any difference? to add up some knowledge Wink
copperranium
Guru
Guru

Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:28 pm
Is GIMP available in Windows Store?
genius
genius
Guru
Guru

Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:52 pm
Katty wrote:

I think the different in this 2 GIMP is that the first GIMP was updated but in the second GIMP it was never been updated.
genius
genius
Guru
Guru

Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:54 pm
copperranium wrote:Is GIMP available in Windows Store?
Yes, it is available but it cost $17.86, so I suggest to you that you'll just download it from their own website where it is free. Smile)
genius
genius
Guru
Guru

Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:58 pm
thegreatunknown wrote:
copperranium wrote:Which is much faster in installing. using the terminal or the Software Center?
I think the terminal.
For me, it's much faster in installing from Ubuntu Software because you'll just click "install" and wait for the installation. You don't need to type commands, it's just one click.
kardashians
Guru
Guru

Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:27 pm
Can I install the old version of GIMP from Ubuntu Software Center?
kardashians
Guru
Guru

Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:28 pm
Does GIMP have .exe file in Ubuntu like in Windows?
shazam
Guru
Guru

Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:09 pm
kardashians wrote:Does GIMP have .exe file in Ubuntu like in Windows?
Yes, you might look in /usr/bin. Very Happy
shazam
Guru
Guru

Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:11 pm
kardashians wrote:Can I install the old version of GIMP from Ubuntu Software Center?
Yes. When you search GIMP in Ubuntu Software try to download the second choice because it state there that the software in not updated. Smile
XCX
Guru
Guru

Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:03 pm
If you are designers and searching a free tool for image manipulation, your search ends here. GIMP will provide all the tools required for your image creations. You will get the features like any other paid application for the same purpose and it’s completely cross-platform platform application. Very Happy Very Happy
XCX
Guru
Guru

Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:05 pm
Graphics manipulation system with artwork creation tools, graphical design elements, and desktop publishing workflow. Sweet Smile <3
XCX
Guru
Guru

Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:06 pm
Graphics manipulation system with artwork creation tools, graphical design elements, and desktop publishing workflow. Sweet Smile <3
XCX
Guru
Guru

Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:06 pm
GIMP is free and has a nice set of photo editing tools within an open-source program that should appeal to geek photographers who like to control their editing environment.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum