Share
Go down
avatar
Admin
Posts : 4
Join date : 2018-07-31
View user profile

Environment of GIMP

on Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:02 pm
The GIMP program is designed to work with images such as enhancing and touching-up images.  It contains powerful image editing tools that can do the job very well. So here is the environment of GIMP in both Ubuntu and Windows.

FILE TAB


EDIT TAB


SELECT TAB


VIEW TAB


IMAGE TAB


LAYER TAB


COLORS TAB


TOOLS TAB


FILTERS TAB


WINDOWS TAB


HELP TAB
Guru
Guru
Posts : 10
Join date : 2018-08-23
View user profile

Re: Environment of GIMP

on Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:50 pm
Woah! Can you give example of an image edited on GIMP?
avatar
Guru
Guru
Posts : 10
Join date : 2018-08-22
View user profile

Re: Environment of GIMP

on Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:19 pm
thegreatunknown wrote:Woah! Can you give example of an image edited on GIMP?


These are examples of the filters you can find under Filters > Beautify > Beautify> > fashion > astral
avatar
Guru
Guru
Posts : 10
Join date : 2018-08-22
View user profile

Re: Environment of GIMP

on Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:29 pm
Why do sometimes, changing colors is not functioning?
Guru
Guru
Posts : 10
Join date : 2018-08-28
View user profile

Re: Environment of GIMP

on Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:48 pm
GIMP is a good and powerful photo manipulation software. If you combine all the plugins, scriptfu. It become as powerful as photoshop.
Guru
Guru
Posts : 10
Join date : 2018-08-28
View user profile

Re: Environment of GIMP

on Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:49 pm
It's a good alternative for photoshop Smile
Guru
Guru
Posts : 10
Join date : 2018-08-28
View user profile

Re: Environment of GIMP

on Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:51 pm
vnssdzs wrote:
thegreatunknown wrote:Woah! Can you give example of an image edited on GIMP?


These are examples of the filters you can find under Filters > Beautify > Beautify> > fashion > astral

Can I edit a lot in one photo?
i mean an edited photo will be edited in another filter.
Guru
Guru
Posts : 10
Join date : 2018-08-28
View user profile

Re: Environment of GIMP

on Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:52 pm
vnssdzs wrote:Why do sometimes, changing colors is not functioning?

Sometimes it was a cause of a misuse tabs.
Guru
Guru
Posts : 10
Join date : 2018-08-28
View user profile

Re: Environment of GIMP

on Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:06 pm
Why does some of the option are not available though they might help editing photo.
Guru
Guru
Posts : 11
Join date : 2018-08-20
View user profile

Re: Environment of GIMP

on Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:05 pm
What are the pros and cons of GIMP?
Guru
Guru
Posts : 11
Join date : 2018-08-20
View user profile

Re: Environment of GIMP

on Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:06 pm
Inkscape is a good editing software also, what is the advantage of using GIMP than in inkscape?
Guru
Guru
Posts : 11
Join date : 2018-08-20
View user profile

Re: Environment of GIMP

on Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:08 pm
Are the plugins and scripts available for free also? How can I add those?
Guru
Guru
Posts : 11
Join date : 2018-08-20
View user profile

Re: Environment of GIMP

on Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:30 pm
Is the environment color available only in grey color? If not, how can I change it?
Guru
Guru
Posts : 10
Join date : 2018-08-29
View user profile

Re: Environment of GIMP

on Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:33 pm
Vince-sngkt wrote:
vnssdzs wrote:
thegreatunknown wrote:Woah! Can you give example of an image edited on GIMP?


These are examples of the filters you can find under Filters > Beautify > Beautify> > fashion > astral

Can I edit a lot in one photo?
i mean an edited photo will be edited in another filter.
yes. you can utilize as many as GIMP features for one picture. Smile
Guru
Guru
Posts : 10
Join date : 2018-08-29
View user profile

Re: Environment of GIMP

on Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:38 pm
copperranium wrote:Is the environment color available only in grey color? If not, how can I change it?
no. it's not only available in grey. When you click the tab "EDIT" you can change the foreground color and background color. You can also edit the balance , hue and saturation of your desired color. Smile
avatar
Guru
Guru
Posts : 10
Join date : 2018-09-03
View user profile

Re: Environment of GIMP

on Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:03 pm
Vince-sngkt wrote:
vnssdzs wrote:Why do sometimes, changing colors is not functioning?

Sometimes it was a cause of a misuse tabs.
I think the file format of the image affects some function, for example GIF.
avatar
Guru
Guru
Posts : 10
Join date : 2018-09-03
View user profile

Re: Environment of GIMP

on Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:05 pm
copperranium wrote:Are the plugins and scripts available for free also? How can I add those?
Yes it is available for free, GIMP plugins are usually written either in Python or as Script-Fu extensions. Some plugins can be installed from the repositories, some have to be compiled, but most are really easy to install: you just copy the plugin (with .py extension) or script file (.scm file) into your /home/$USERNAME/.gimp/plug-ins or /home/$USERNAME/.gimp/scripts folder, respectively, and restart GIMP.
avatar
Guru
Guru
Posts : 10
Join date : 2018-09-03
View user profile

Re: Environment of GIMP

on Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:08 pm
copperranium wrote:Inkscape is a good editing software also, what is the advantage of using GIMP than in inkscape?
If you want to work with photographs (raster images), GIMP is your best bet. There are lots of brush and plugin collections floating around the net, too. If you want to create logos, diagrams and illustrations (vector images), use Inkscape.
avatar
Guru
Guru
Posts : 10
Join date : 2018-09-03
View user profile

Re: Environment of GIMP

on Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:10 pm
copperranium wrote:What are the pros and cons of GIMP?
pros:
* It's FREE!! (that's the only pro I need frankly!)
* It runs on all platforms and qualities of computer (min 128MB ram compared to photoshops 512MB)
* Wide range of plugins (all of which are free)
* Supports pretty much any file format you can think of
* Fast release cycle with regular updates
avatar
Guru
Guru
Posts : 10
Join date : 2018-09-03
View user profile

Re: Environment of GIMP

on Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:10 pm
genius wrote:
copperranium wrote:What are the pros and cons of GIMP?
pros:
* It's FREE!! (that's the only pro I need frankly!)
* It runs on all platforms and qualities of computer (min 128MB ram compared to photoshops 512MB)
* Wide range of plugins (all of which are free)
* Supports pretty much any file format you can think of
* Fast release cycle with regular updates
Cons:
* Doesn't support saving 16bit files (yet!)
* Doesn't support photoshop plugins (There's a plugin wrapper called PSPI that adds support for ps plugins but it's not native)
* Cannot utilise multiple processors or graphics processors (yet!)
avatar
Guru
Guru
Posts : 10
Join date : 2018-09-03
View user profile

Re: Environment of GIMP

on Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:12 pm
Vince-sngkt wrote:Why does some of the option are not available though they might help editing photo.
I think you need to utilize some functions to make it available. Smile
avatar
Guru
Guru
Posts : 10
Join date : 2018-09-03
View user profile

Re: Environment of GIMP

on Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:13 pm
When I first downloaded Gimp, I expected to find myself immersed in an alien world of unfriendly tools and unforgiving settings, merging with the usual ugliness of free software. To say the least, it was a surprise to find a good-looking setup similar to photoshop in most aspects. Smile
Guru
Guru
Posts : 10
Join date : 2018-09-03
View user profile

Re: Environment of GIMP

on Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:07 pm
genius wrote:
copperranium wrote:Inkscape is a good editing software also, what is the advantage of using GIMP than in inkscape?
If you want to work with photographs (raster images), GIMP is your best bet. There are lots of brush and plugin collections floating around the net, too. If you want to create logos, diagrams and illustrations (vector images), use Inkscape.
Gimp is a image manipulation software which is more like an alternative to photoshop. Inkscape is for vector graphics which is more like an alternative to coreldraw, Illustrator. Refine your needs. Efficiency depends on what you want to use it for.
Guru
Guru
Posts : 10
Join date : 2018-09-03
View user profile

Re: Environment of GIMP

on Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:09 pm
vnssdzs wrote:
thegreatunknown wrote:Woah! Can you give example of an image edited on GIMP?


These are examples of the filters you can find under Filters > Beautify > Beautify> > fashion > astral
can you give another example of an edited photo on GIMP. thanks
Guru
Guru
Posts : 10
Join date : 2018-09-03
View user profile

Re: Environment of GIMP

on Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:23 pm
How do I get the latest GIMP version available?
Sponsored content

Re: Environment of GIMP

Back to top
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum